Do you suffer from decaf coffee histamine intolerance? Recent research has shown that decaf coffee can aggravate symptoms in people with histamine intolerance if consumed in a large manner. In this blog post, we will discuss the link between decaf coffee and histamine intolerance, as well as ways to reduce or eliminate the negative effects of decaf coffee.
Is Decaf Coffee High in Histamine?
Since caffeine is a triggering agent for histamine release, drinking decaf coffee will significantly reduce how much of an effect it has on your body. But, you need to remember that there’s still a chance that decaf coffee could still affect those with histamine issues.
The processing methods used to remove the caffeine and replace it with another substance can cause an excess amount or even a significant change in flavor. This may lead you into having more problems due to this reaction from chemicals found within your body.
Either way, you won’t be able to find a coffee without histamine.
Is Decaf Coffee Low Histamine?
Decaf coffee will significantly decrease histamine levels because it does not have any caffeine which would block the function of diamine oxidase.
There are several brands nowadays, marketing their products as decaf and this may help people who suffer from hives or other allergies to enjoy a delicious cup o’ joe without being irritated by its effects.
How Much Histamine is in Decaf Coffee Swiss Water?
For those who suffer from allergic symptoms, Swiss Water Decaf coffee is certified 99.9% caffeine-free and should not have the same effect on histamine levels as caffeinated coffees do.
The Swiss Water decaffeination Process is the only sustainable, chemical-free way to decaffeinate coffee beans. This process uses 99% water and 0 bitter chemicals for great taste at the same time.
Can I Have Coffee on A Low Histamine Diet?
There are a few people who can drink coffee on a low-histamine diet. Just make sure that you wait at least one month or more after your system has calmed down before adding it back into normal routines, because if not then all of our hard work will be wasted.
When adding coffee back into your diet, keep these tips in mind:
- Start with a few sips on the first day and then half cup next.
- Add an amount little by little.
- Avoid excessiveness.
- Do not put sugar or any sweet syrups.
- Listen or observe your body’s reactions.
If it is going smoothly without any negative reactions or side effects from caffeine intake enjoy up to 1 to 2 cups total each week or as desired.
Coffee is a wonderful drink that has been enjoyed by many people for centuries. Unfortunately, not everyone can enjoy it, especially those with histamine issues. If your body doesn’t tolerate decaf coffee the first time you try adding back in, give it another two or three months before giving up on this delicious beverage altogether.
Low Histamine Coffee Brands
Consistent with the FDA’s standards, we have included a list of certified organic and mold-free coffee brands that are low in histamine. These coffees come from 12oz bags which make them easy to store for your busy lifestyle.
Here is the list of low histamine coffee brands that you can try for those with decaf coffee histamine intolerance:
- Swiss Water Decaf Coffee uses only water, temperature, and time to remove caffeine while preserving all the original characteristics of your coffee. Their seal ensures that you are getting a cup free from chemicals or residual flavors – just as it should be!
- Purity Coffee is a company that was founded by a husband who had sought answers to his wife’s health issues. The coffee beans are tested rigorously to ensure no mold or pesticides were present, and then roasted within 48 hours of each order so you can enjoy pure caffeine with peace of mind.
- Clean Coffee is the new brand of coffee for those who are sensitive to Histamine. The beans come from Colombia and have been independently tested to make sure they do not contain any mold, mycotoxins, acrylamide heavy metals such as lead nickel mercury chromium, etc., and pesticides which can cause health problems when ingested by humans.
- Bulletproof Coffee is a popular high-fat, low-carb drink that many people on the keto diet enjoy. The company sources its beans from farms that don’t use moldy practices because they’re committed to sustainable farming methods, so you can enjoy a delicious cup without worrying about toxins leaking into your body.
Tips for Decaf Coffee Histamine Intolerance
- Always pick coffee beans that are organic and free from molds.
- Brewed coffee is always better, so make sure to drink it in moderation.
- Purchase a darker roast because its caffeine is lower than others.
- Keep away from using sugary content instead replace it with histamine-friendly sweeteners.
- Freeze your coffee to limit the build-up of histamine.
- Drink your coffee right away after making it.
There is no cure for decaf coffee histamine intolerance, but there are ways to manage it. Some of the best ways to prevent histamine symptoms are to be cautious of the decaf coffee brand you purchase and always pay attention to your body’s reactions when you consume one.
If you do drink decaf coffee, be sure to drink it in moderation and always have an antihistamine on hand in case you start to experience symptoms. You should also talk to your doctor about whether or not you should take a histamine blocker medication.
Remember that the best way to understand your body is through trial and error. Every person has a different reaction, so be careful when it comes time for that cup of coffee.